Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service:
A. Demonstrate friendliness and greet every customer as they enter and participate at the sale.
B. Maintain a professional appearance and a neat work environment consistent with the Handbook.
C. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
2. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise the General Manager or designated manager of all serious complaints or incidences.
3. Inspect the fence line for indications of unauthorized entry or potential security risks.
4. Insure the offices, auction building and grounds are secured at established times. Note any security, safety or fire hazards.
5. Watches for and reports irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
6. Secure gates at established times and patrol auction property. Check for unlocked doors. Maintain radio contact with the main gate.
7. Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels miscreants.
8. Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
9. Permits authorized persons to enter property. Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
10. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
11. Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and accounting from the General Manager or designated manager or other corporate sources. Maintain a good flow of communication with other auction personnel.
12. Recommend new customer services and procedures to the General Manager or designated manager.
13. Monitor and control all facility conditions, vehicles, property and equipment within corporate standards for security and safety purposes.
14. Advise the General Manager or designated manager and Maintenance of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately. Ensure good routine preventative maintenance.
15. Make sure that area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to the Lot Manager immediately. Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately.
16. Account for and identify all keys, codes or other safety or security information.
17. Maintain a current list of emergency and Management telephone numbers.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
Prefer High School Diploma or GED with 0 to one (1) year of security experience. Must have current guard license. Must have the ability to work various shifts, weekends and/or nights. Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver s license.
Loading some great jobs for you...