138 Market St
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Account Manager to join our Softline?s business line located in Newark, New Jersey.
Intertek's Softline's business provides testing, inspection, training, and consultancy services to retailers, brands, and manufacturers of textiles, apparel, fashion accessories, footwear, and home textiles products.
Intertek performs safety, quality, and regulatory testing on textiles from fabric samples to finished products such as children's and adult apparel (pajamas, sweaters, jeans, outerwear) and footwear, personal protective equipment (PPE) apparel and home furnishings (bedding, curtains, furniture fabric, rugs). We help ensure our customers meet consumer demand for high quality, minimize reputational risk, reduce environmental impacts, and protect the interests of retailers, brands, textile manufacturers, and consumer safety.
- Serves as liaison between customer and Intertek global operations to ensure correct understanding and consistent execution of customer?s requirements according to specified processes and protocols.
- Manages or supervises activities of customer on-site staff (Account Coordinator) where applicable.
- Documents and communicates client requirements and work instructions to Intertek global network of labs and offices.
- Provides creative and innovative ATIC solutions to support client business strategies. Works to develop a strategic partnership between self, Intertek, and customer.
- Drives and generates opportunities for revenue growth within consistent with Intertek global key account initiatives and strategies.
- Performs random review of test reports to ensure consistency and accuracy which are reported to management and lab network.
- Keeps current on relevant product regulatory, safety, and quality performance requirements; communicate and consult with customer on relevant information.
- Provide technical regulatory support; directly or facilitating through Intertek network of experts.
- Participate and consults with customer in routine quality and safety meetings with QA engineers and other stakeholders.
- Provides oversight, accurate status and reporting of project milestones to client team members
- Expedite projects as needed to ensure turnaround times and performance metrics are met.
- Create and deliver client presentations for quarterly business review meetings.
- Prepare sales reports, forecasts, and provide regular account status updates through established CRM system, including the development of account-based strategies (Strategic Account Plan).
- Organize or host seminar/webinar to provide training to the client and vendors on both process and technical related topics.
- This may include periodic travel to overseas countries to meet with vendors or overseas client sourcing offices.
- 2-4 years directly related experience, with direct customer interaction.
- Managerial or Supervisor level experience; ability to effectively communicate job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job results, coaching, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; detail oriented with proactive and positive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; superior presentation skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office; ability to create spreadsheets, tables and graphs, queries, extrapolate and summarize meaningful data.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities.
- Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car, airplane and perform all functions inherent to the position.
- Bachelor?s Degree in related area, or the equivalent in terms of education, experience and/or training.
- 20-25%; domestic meetings with U.S. based clients and vendors; International meetings with customers on overseas trips, supporting vendor conferences, internal training and workshops.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world?s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI-MC* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...